Job Title: Field Measurer (FP001)
Department: Fox Core, Sales Support
Reports to: Manager, Measure & Layout
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Fox Marble and Granite, the leading Bay Area custom fabrication shop, is looking to bring into our world-class team an experienced Field Measurer.
• Use of digital measuring equipment.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
• Willingness to be a team player in a large company.
• Ability to work with all different kinds of materials, white marble, granite, quartz, Neolith, engineered stone.
• Valid driver’s license with no points
• Willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations.
• Field Measurer for both custom residential and commercial stone projects that include countertops, floors, fireplaces, showers, etc. Projects have both natural stone and engineered stone products.
• Read and interpret architectural plans.
• Produce accurate shop drawings for use throughout the production process, such as,submittals to homeowners, designers, architects, etc.; for layout, cutting, fabrication and installation.
• Produce thorough field notes for all phases of the production process.
• Collaborate with Field Supervisor for measure details and on-site assistance
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Travel Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Candidates may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
• Candidates may exert over 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
• May include reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to pack or store materials throughout the workday.
• Proper lifting techniques required.
Fox Marble was established in 1986 by President and CEO, Charles McLaughlin. Charley served in the US Marine Corps in Vietnam and graduated from Rutgers University in 1973. For eight years he managed a masonry products company where his love for natural stone was born. Charley embodies Fox Merchandising International’s personal, passionate approach to customer service. And, having visited many of the world’s finest quarries and manufacturing plants personally, he is a central figure in maintaining the relationships at the heart of Fox Merchandising International.
Fox Marble offers a wide range of services, from direct importing of the finest stone from around the world, to in-house fabrication, professional installation and a full-service stone care and restoration. A one-stop shop for all your high-quality stone projects, Fox Marble offers the ultimate in knowledge, customer service and craftsmanship.
At Fox Marble, we hand-select stone that allows us to maintain quality control through every step of the process. Most importantly it lets us offer something even deeper, the feeling that comes from owning something truly unique, completely natural, stunningly beautiful, and endlessly fascinating.
Fox Marble Manufacturing Facility is in Richmond, California.
Organization: Fox Merchandising International DBA Fox Marble & Granite
Requisition ID: FP001
Country: United States State: California City: Richmond, CA
Job Function: Full-Time
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time.
Pay Rate depends on experience
Benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO), Retirement Plan, Paid Company Holidays.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be
Fox Marble & Granite does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. Fox Marble & Granite is equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status.